This entire fall seems to be about pumpkins. Today, specifically, about pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips. The fall season is almost over but since the Thanksgiving is still ahead of us, here's a recipe for these delicious beauties. I'm sure your Thanksgiving dinner guests would love these! Plus - one more thing done from my bucket list (if it counts that I replaced pumpkin bread with pumpkin muffins) :)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 and 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1 cup of pumpkin puree (see my homemade recipe here or use any 100% pumpkin puree)
3 tbs of ground cinnamon
2 tbs of ground ginger
2 tsp of ground nutmed
1 and 1/2 tsp of ground cloves
1 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1 cup chocolate chips
nutella (optional, I put a bit of it on top of the muffins before I put them in the oven)
1. First melt butter.
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients - sugar, flour, all the spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl (smaller), combine wet ingredients - eggs, melted butter, and pumpkin puree. Whisk well and add to dry ingredients.
4. Mix everything nicely together and when combined, mix in chocolate chips.
5. Fill the dough into prepared muffin cups (it makes about 12-15 regular-size muffins).
6. Bake in the preheated oven at 350 F for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
7. Let the muffins cool completely and enjoy!
#pumpkin #muffins #baking #recipe #dessert #fall #season #bucketlist #thanksgiving #holidays